|Franklin Bett (left) CORD co-chairmen Dalmas Otieno (centre) and David Musila (right) confer during a news conference January 5, 2013 at Serena Hotel, Nairobi. Cord parties will hold joint nominations.|
- That nominations to all the named positions will be held on Thursday, 17th January 2013.
- That the nominations shall be conducted jointly by FORD Kenya, ODM, Wiper Democratic Movement -‐ Kenya and all other partner parties that have signed the Coalition Agreement.
- That the nominations shall be conducted by universal suffrage through secret ballot.
- That for avoidance of doubt, the names of all candidates for each position shall appear in one common ballot paper clearly indicating the name and symbol of sponsoring partner party.
- That polling stations for the purposes of these nominations, which shall open at 8.00 hrs and close at 17.00 hrs, shall be published by the CORD Elections Board not later than seven (7) days before the nominations.
- That to qualify to participate in nominations, electors names must appear in the IEBC Voters’ Register and proof of identification shall be either a National Identity Card or Kenyan Passport. No other identification document will be accepted.
- That at the close of voting, votes shall be counted and results announced at the polling stations which shall later be tallied at Constituency and County Tallying Centres.
- That the County and Constituency Returning Officers, Presiding Officers and clerks for the exercise shall be identified,appointed and supervised by the CORD Elections Board and NOT by aspirants or any other entity.
- That each successful candidate in the nominations shall be issued with a certificate of nomination by his or her sponsoring partner party.
- That the CORD Election Board has been mandated to expressly disqualify any candidate who engages in, sponsors or in any way abets violence prior to, during or after the nomination exercise.
- That the following have been appointed members of the CORD Elections board:
• Hon. Franklin Bett ChairThe CORD Elections Board shall issue more details regrading this exercise in due course.
• Sammy M. Mbova, CBS Vice Chair
• Ezekiel Wafula Secretary Other members include:
• Everett Wasike
• Hon. Judy Pareno
• Roy M. Mutisya
• Mary Muhuhu
Dated in Nairobi this 5th January 2013
Signed: Hon. David Musila
Hon. Dalmas Otieno