To ensure smooth running of the nominations exercise, and considering that most of our competitors are holding their primaries on the same date, the Board has come up with following programme that will give guidance from now and the date of the nominations:
- Saturday 12th January 2013: The Board shall publish in the Print Media the list of all the polling stations countrywide to be used during the exercise.
- Saturday 12 & Sunday 13th: Aspirants to inspect the list of aspirants at Orange House and at County Offices across the country.
- Sunday 13th& Monday 14th: Training of the invited election officials shall be held at Orange House in Nairobi.
- Tuesday 15th January: Constituencies Returning Officers shall meet all the aspirants in their respective areas of jurisdiction to consult on the clerks to be used during the exercise.
- Wednesday 16th Jan: The Returning Officers shall train the Presiding Officers in the Constituencies
At the same time, the National Elections Board wishes to condemn in the strongest terms possible the merciless killings of innocent citizens in the Tana Delta. The ODM is concerned at the manner in which these killings and destruction of property are happening in the full glare of the government. We call upon the necessary security apparatus to act with speed restore peace in Tana River and other areas affected by skirmishes across the country.
The Board also rallies behind the ODM Party Leader and CORD Presidential Candidate, the Rt. Hon. Raila Amolo Odinga’s rejection of the hefty send-off perks for Members of Parliament and his wise counsel to H.E. President Mwai Kibaki to reject the bill passed by Parliament on Wednesday night.
The hefty perks that MPs awarded themselves are in total contravention and defiance of the Constitution which provides for clear mechanisms which can be used in remunerating public officers, Members of Parliament included. We urged the President to reject this in the interest of the Kenyan people.
Hon. Franklin Bett, EGH, MP, Hon. Judy Pareno, MP, EALA
Chairman – NEB Secretary – NEB.